The secret of TED talks
TED talks a simple guide
TED talks are a great way of sharing ideas in an impactful way. But how do you craft a TED talk that captures the audience?
Jeanie Honey was one of the co-founders of TEDx Exeter and she shares some of her secrets. Here’s a run down of some tips:
- Have a focus and theme. There needs to be a strong thread that holds the talk together
- Tell stories to share your idea. Don’t just give dry facts and figures
- Don’t sell from the stage. This is a sure way of turning people off
- Ensure you have a strong beginning and end to your talk
- Watch other TED talks to glean ideas from other speakers
- Prepare, prepare, prepare – short talks take more preparation than long ones
- Give yourself time and practise your talk with others
About Liz Scott & Stuart Newberry
Liz Scott & Stu Newberry are Coaching Skills trainers and 3P practitioners. They help develop coaching cultures within schools and organisations. Liz & Stu use their understanding of the 3Ps within their training and are experiencing great successes and results in the organisations they are working in. Download an Introduction to the Three Principles here.
Want to de-stress in just 28 days? Recharge on the Run is a FREE audio series (delivered to your inbox daily) that will help you discover your inner peace of mind. Find out more about Liz & Stu at Liz Scott Coaching and Training