Resilient Young Minds – July 2018
How can we best support our young people? In an age where the statistics point to a mental health crisis, we believe there might be a powerful simple answer to support children.
A new psychological understanding is providing great hope for mental health. This psychological understanding (known as the ‘Inside-Out’ understanding) dove-tails in with asset/strength-based development. The Inside-Out approach also has the potential to take the strain off of services that are trying to support young people.
The ‘Inside-Out’ understanding doesn’t look to ‘build’ resilience. Instead it shows young people that true resilience resides within. It is perfectly normal that this resilience might sometimes get over-shadowed by insecurity and worry – but the resilience is never obliterated or lost.
This conference will show that young people:
- Are not broken
- Do not need to be ‘fixed’
- Have resilience, resourcefulness and wellbeing inbuilt
This conference will be perfect to you if you would you like to:
- Make a difference in the lives of young people.
- Learn about a simple, effective psychological understanding that is starting to gain traction in the world of psychology and psychiatry.
- Support young people to see their own in-built resilience
On Day one you will hear from world-class speakers who are currently working with young people or those that support young people. These speakers will share stories of real hope and transformation in the work they carry out.
On Day two you will be asked to take part in discussions that are designed to find a way of making a sustainable difference to the lives of young people.
Also check out:
- Podcasts – Check out the new psychological understanding that is sweeping the world
- Courses and Events – Quality and affordable events in the South West
- Subtractive Psychology – what is it?
About Liz Scott & Stuart Newberry
Liz Scott & Stu Newberry are Coaching Skills trainers and 3P practitioners. They help develop coaching cultures within schools and organisations. Liz & Stu use their understanding of the 3Ps within their training and are experiencing great successes and results in the organisations they are working in. Download an Introduction to the Three Principles here.
Want to de-stress in just 28 days? Recharge on the Run is a FREE audio series (delivered to your inbox daily) that will help you discover your inner peace of mind. Find out more about Liz & Stu at Liz Scott Coaching and Training