How easy is it to become a coach? The secret is to take it slowly as Liz Scott discovers when she speaks with Ankush Jain. Take a look at Ankush Jain’s website at www.ankushjain.co.uk
Becoming a coach part 1
How do you become a coach?
One of the secrets to coaching is to take is slowly. Many people think it’s easy to write your resignation letter to your old job one day and start coaching the next. If you’re serious about building a coaching business, then like any business take your time.
In this interview with Ankush Jain, Liz Scott discusses:
- How did Ankush switch careers to become a coach?
- How do you build credibility?
- What can you do to build your business in the early days?
- Don’t expect to makes lots of money straight away.
Becoming a coach part 2
How do you develop your coaching practice?
Ankush Jain and Liz Scott continue their conversation. In the following video you will learn:
- How to get started as a coach
- What kinds of conversations should you be having?
- How to connect and build relationships with potential clients
- The difference between being a ‘friend’ and being ‘a coach’
- Be good at what you do and invest time and resources in yourself
Becoming a coach part 3
What is a Three Principles approach and how do you communicate this to your clients. There’s no simple way as Liz and Ankush discuss in the third part of their series on becoming a 3P coach. In the following video you will learn:
- Why the 3Ps is an understanding of how the mind works and NOT a coaching technique
- The paradigm that 100% of our felt experience comes through thought (i.e. mental activity)
- Stick with what the client wants, don’t share the 3Ps as a strategy
- Bringing the 3Ps and coaching together
About Liz Scott & Stuart Newberry
Liz Scott & Stu Newberry are Coaching Skills trainers and 3P practitioners. They help develop coaching cultures within schools and organisations. Liz & Stu use their understanding of the 3Ps within their training and are experiencing great successes and results in the organisations they are working in. Download an Introduction to the Three Principles here. Find out more about Liz & Stu at Liz Scott Coaching and Training